Easy keto fat bombs recipe made with just 5 ingredients- No baking required!
What are fat bombs?
keto diet ☑how to keto diet for Fat bombs are low carb and sugar-free sweet treats, usually made with either coconut oil, coconut butter, cream cheese, avocado and/or nut butter. Pretty the 1 last update 2020/04/07 much, anything high fat, sugar-free and low carb can be made to become a fat bomb!Fat bombs are low carb and sugar-free sweet treats, usually made with either coconut oil, coconut butter, cream cheese, avocado and/or nut butter. Pretty much, anything high fat, sugar-free and low carb can be made to become a fat bomb!
I first started enjoying fat bombs when I did the Whole30 diet and would snack on coconut butter or almond butter in between meals. Once I finished the diet, I started mixing both of those with several other ingredients, producing a fat bomb. Although, back then I called it fat fudge, freezer fudge or keto bombs.
Same thing! Bonus? They also happen to be 100% vegan and paleo!
What is the purpose of keto fat bombs?
A benefit of keto fat bombs is that the high-fat content keeps you satisfied between meals. Personally, I find that snacks higher in fats keep me way more satisfied than snacks that those that are higher in protein or carbs.
keto diet 🔥how to keto diet for Moreover, For someone who is following a keto or ketogenic diet, they can enjoy something sweet, without putting themselves out of ketosis!
keto diet ⭐️how to keto diet for Also try these Keto Peanut Butter Balls
These small sweet snacks are deceptive- They are rich, sweet and a small serving will keep your sweet tooth AND blood sugars in check!
Many people snack on fat bombs, but really, I like them after breakfast or dinner, as a sweet ending or even a healthy dessert!
Are fat bombs healthy?
We are WELL past the days where fat is feared! Although these fat bombs are high in fat, they are actually the GOOD kinds of fats. Heart-healthy fats that our bodies need.
While they are higher in fat, they are mostly sugar-free and very low in carbs and have NO refined carbohydrates. I’ve found that they keep my blood sugar stable, something I’ve always found difficult to manage. I feel full and satisfied between meals and have found less of a need to snack.
If you’d prefer a low carb dessert without coconut oil, try this 2 ingredient chocolate fudge. It MELTS in your mouth!
How to make fat bombs?
Making keto fat bombs is super simple, and requires just a handful of ingredients. I wanted these to taste like pecan pie, so focused on those ingredients, but feel free to change it up to whatever nuts or seeds you have!
Step 1: In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your pecans and almonds and blend well, until a crumbly texture remains.
keto diet ☑how to keto diet for Step 2: Add your almond butter, sugar-free sweetener, and chia seeds, and blend very well, regularly scraping down the sides, until a thick paste remains. Add your milk and continue blending.
Step 3: Transfer your fat bomb batter into a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, until it forms up.
Step 4: Using a cookie scoop (or your hands), form 24 balls and place them on a lined plate or tray. Place in the freezer and leave there until ready to enjoy.
Tips for the BEST Keto Fat Bombs
- Ensure your almond butter (or another nut/seed butter) is of the smooth/drippy variety. If it is crunchy, it will be more difficult to blend.
- Start with the recommended amount of milk, but do not hesitate to add more- You want the batter to be smooth and thick, not crumbly.
- Feel free to use any combination of nuts you want- I do like these with walnuts and peanuts too.
- The granulated sweetener MUST be blended into the mixture, otherwise, the fat bombs will be gritty.
- Fat bombs MUST be stored in the freezer, otherwise, they will be too soft in the fridge or at room temperature.
How long do fat bombs last in the freezer?
Fat bombs last a VERY long time…provided you don’t the 1 last update 2020/04/07 finish them all up in one go!Fat bombs last a VERY long time…provided you don’t finish them all up in one go!
They will keep fresh for at least for 1 last update 2020/04/07 6 months, longer if you wrap them up individually. They will keep fresh for at least 6 months, longer if you wrap them up individually.
Keto Fat Bombs
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your pecans and almonds and blend well, until a crumbly texture remains.
- Add your almond butter, sweetener and chia seeds and the 1 last update 2020/04/07 continue to blend, until completely combined. Regularly scrape down the sides. Add your almond butter, sweetener and chia seeds and continue to blend, until completely combined. Regularly scrape down the sides.
- Add in your milk of choice and blend again. If the batter is too crumbly, add extra milk.
- Transfer your dough into a mixing bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge and using either a cookie scoop or your hands, form 12 balls and place on a lined plate or shallow container. Freeze until ready to enjoy.